SCE Solar Rebates
Imagine reducing or eliminating your electric bill right now with a 30% Federal Tax Credit combined with generous Utility Rebates available through the California Solar Initiative. You can SAVE UP TO 45% on the cost of a solar power system while adding up to 100% of the value of the system to your home or property value without any increase in property taxes!
The state of California is offering cash rebates on eligible renewable energy electric-generating systems.
The California Solar Initiative – CSI – For SoCal Edison Customers
As part of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Million Solar Roofs Program, California has set a goal to create 3,000 megawatts of new, solar-produced electricity by 2017 – moving the state toward a cleaner energy future and helping lower the cost of solar systems for consumers.
The California Public Utilities Commission, through its California Solar Initiative, provides over $2 billion in incentives over the next decade for existing residential homes and existing and new commercial, industrial, and agricultural properties.
The California Energy Commission manages a 10-year, $350 million program to encourage solar in new home construction through its New Solar Homes Partnership.
- The California Solar Initiative [CSI] offers CASH incentives for PV systems and thermal systems.
- Rebate values are “Performance Based” and are determined by the system size, module efficiency, orientation, zip code and degree of shading as well as other factors such as distance from mounting surface.
- The amount of the incentive declines as the funding is assigned to adopters. In 2001, the State of California paid as much as $4.50 per watt for a PV system. Today the rebate level for PV may be found at: http://www.csi-trigger.com
- The California Solar Initiative will be coordinated with the state’s energy efficiency, “smart” metering, and building standards programs at the Public Utilities Commission and Energy Commission, ensuring that the state is using its energy resources wisely.
What are the benefits of Renewable Energy Technologies?
- Reliability – Generate your own electricity using renewable resources. If you use a solar PV system, your electric utility can “store” your electricity, and supply it when your system is not generating.
- Security – Provide a secure back-up source of electricity for your home or business, while making use of our indigenous energy resources.
- Environmentally Friendly – Use clean, replenishable resources that do not pollute or contribute to global climate change.
- Sustainability – Help ensure our energy future by tapping into an “infinite” power supply.
How do you get started?
Get A Quick Quote for an individualized solar site consultation and evaluation. Each solar grid-tied system is site specific resulting in a need for our specialized on-site evaluation. Upon completion of our on-site consultation AMECO will design a system to meet your needs with firm pricing, on paper, ready for submittal to your local electric utility solar program administrator, to confirm and reserve your rebate.